Saturday, June 19, 2010

A couple days ago I went to Taos, NM, which is about an hour drive from Santa Fe. While there I spent the day with my Aunt Kana and cousin Jason who were in town visiting my Dad’s (and Kana’s) cousin Ann who lives in Taos. It was so much fun to see my family and spend the day walking around town with them! It has been YEARS since I’ve really seen Ann, so it was SO good to see her and get to know her again! I’ve always known that Ann was an artist but I had never seen her work before… her paintings… are absolutely gorgeous!! I was so amazed to walk into the many galleries and see her work on display. SO COOL!! We walked around the downtown plaza and it felt like Ann knew everyone! Small town I guess. :) We ran into a friend of hers that also happened to be an amazing artist and went to go see her work that was on display. I only WISH I had that much talent!

We had lunch at this great place called Antonio’s where I had one of the best meals of the summer so far. Chile rellenos in a burrito, smothered Christmas style (both red and green chile, my FAVORITE!) with rice and beans. As our new friend AJ would say, “it was quite the culinary experience!!” Not only was the entrĂ©e fantastic, but we (mostly Aunt Kana and I) were very impressed with our appetizer. They wheeled out a cart and made the BEST guacamole, right in front of us! I had never seen this before, but apparently its nothing new for Jason or Ann; basically Aunt Kana and I couldn’t get over how cool it was :)

Taos was absolutely beautiful! I plan on going back soon, since Ann invited me to come paint with her next week!!! (WHOA!) She is teaching a small class to do a landscape painting, something I’ve never done before but I’m willing to give it a shot, especially since I have such a great teacher! Ann kept saying how artistic she remembers me being, but it must have been at the age of finger paints and crayola markers.. haha! not sure how I will do but I’m very excited to spend the day with Ann in Taos again.

3 comments:

  1. Loved hearing about your visit with Ann in Taos!!
    Love you, love you....Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linney! Be sure to post some pics of the paintings that you do with Ann! :) I love you so much and I can't wait to see you this weekend.

    Emi <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you two!! It's so good to see that you are having a blast! We miss you so much though! Hope you had a great time back in CO while you're here, Linds! Love you two and look forward to seeing what comes next in the blog! :)

    ~Jake and Les

    P.S. LOVE the America Brownies!! :)

    ReplyDelete