"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Thursday, October 20, 2011
We Live Here!
Attention readers: it is official... we are now New York City residents!! I can’t believe it! The past week as been filled with apartment walk throughs, haggling with realtors and LOTS of time on the subway.From where our sublet is and where we will be moving to it takes about an hour. (bleh…) Compared to Adam, who is subletting in the Bronx, (aka, Canada) we have it easy! It will be so nice when we’re in our new place and will only have at most, a half hour commute into the city. We will be living in queens, more specifically Woodside.Our apartment, (not the one we were hopeful for in the previous post) is close to shops, restaurants, subway, pubs, LIBRARY and everything else we need. It is in a rent stabilized building on a cute little street and we have a sweet little old lady landlord. I don’t know how we landed this place, but with splitting the rent with Adam, we are paying only a little more than what we paid in Denver… in NEW YORK! We are so blessed!
Other than doing the apartment thing, we’ve just been getting to know our new city. We went down and walked all along Battery Park and saw the Statue of Liberty (from a distance) and just enjoyed our time there. If I love NY for anything, (besides the food, duh!) it is the people watching.We watched a group of kids that were having a ‘Skip-it’ race. It. Was. Spectacular.For those who don’t know or have forgotten, shame on you for forgetting about the greatest toy from our childhood! This thing kept Emily and I entertained for hours.
The rest of the afternoon James and I were singing the Skip-it song, “Skippin and a screamin and a bop sha bop!!”
SKIP IT!! Hahaha....so awesome! I am surprised (BUT DELIGHTED) that kids are still playing with those! "And the very best thing of all! There's a counter on this ball! So try to beat your very best score, see if you can jump a whole lot more!"
Love you guys so much! Salem and Floyd send face licks :)
I am so so happy for you!!!!!! I want so badly to visit and play in NYC with you! Although I miss you terrible and now we are 3 hours apart, I am just thrilled for your adventure in New York! looove you! xo.
This is all totally awesome! Living the dream! So how old is that church!
ReplyDeleteI am in tears!! I am so excited for you! It looks beautiful!!! Can't wait to visit.
ReplyDeleteLove you forever, Mom B
Thanks anonymous poster! Who are you? lol
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom B! aww, you are too sweet. love you!
That would be your Aunt Sue. Will Do what Mom B does not though. Not techk enough to figure out how to post name lol
ReplyDeleteSKIP IT!! Hahaha....so awesome! I am surprised (BUT DELIGHTED) that kids are still playing with those! "And the very best thing of all! There's a counter on this ball! So try to beat your very best score, see if you can jump a whole lot more!"
ReplyDeleteLove you guys so much! Salem and Floyd send face licks :)
I am so so happy for you!!!!!! I want so badly to visit and play in NYC with you! Although I miss you terrible and now we are 3 hours apart, I am just thrilled for your adventure in New York! looove you!
ReplyDeletexo.