However, it was a success because we both had jobs a few days later. James is working for Ralph Lauren and I worked at an Escada fashion sample sale. Don’t worry, I had know idea what Escada was either, but I found out that despite the 75% discount, plus the 20% off of that, its still about $200 more than what I would want to pay for anything. I worked some in the dressing room and some on the floor, which meant running around moving racks of clothes, restocking, folding/hanging clothes etc. While in the dressing room this lady asked if I could find her a shirt in another size and when I came back she slipped me $15. It was so fast I didn’t realize what was happening, it was totally like the movies! HA! Most of the other temps that I worked with were aspiring actors and dancers, its cool to hear their story and find out where they’re from. Makes me feel not as much as an outsider, as everyone is trying to figure it out too. There was only one other non-actor/dancer that I knew of, she’s temping until she finds a teaching job. Obviously, I’m hoping I don’t have to temp forever and the days that I’m not working, I’m applying to as many permanent jobs in the health promotion field as I can find. I want to get some volunteer experience at a hospital as well, as PT school is not out of the picture either.
Before we left, everyone asked what we were going to do out here, I always started with James first; he was going to pursue his opera career. I on the other hand did not have anything to say really, to have an adventure yes, but to do what exactly? People may think that we moved to New York for James, and initially that may have been the case, however I believe that this city will benefit me just as much. I’m certain that living here will help me find my passion and help me discover which path to take as far as a career. New York is challenging, and just what I needed in a lot of ways. Sometimes I guess to find a new path, it's necessary to leave your old one, and what better way to do that than in a new city? We will see where this move will take us, but even if things don’t pan out, we still took a risk and did something, and no one will ever be able to take that away.

We found a 2-story Target! It was amazing.
In other news...
Celebrity sighting #1 – I saw Jesse Eisenberg walking down 5th ave while on my lunch break. We made eye contact, it was pretty legit.
I saw the pilot for ‘Once Upon a Time’ and it was magical. Literally! It’s my new favorite show, I’m sold :)
I went to the library, got myself a library card and checked out a Taylor Swift CD and imported it on my computer. I have listened to it about 3 times already. Not even embarrassed.
Great post, Lindsey, and fun pictures!! Guess I'm too old to know who Jesse Eisenberg is ( I'll have to google him). Love you both...Mom
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! I get so excited when I see a new post...I just up and down like a 2 year old! I check it 3 times every day...but no pressure to post more often. I am simply thrilled when you do!!! Love you so much, and miss you like crazy.
ReplyDeleteMom B
OOPs, I mean JUMP up and down!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Sounds a little stressful about the temp agency but yay for getting connected somewhere AND making straight up cashmoney from it! yay! so excited for the both of you and glad you are on your adventure path in NYC not only for james but for yourself as well. what an amazing experience. love and miss you!
ReplyDeletexo.
SISTER!!
ReplyDelete#1 I think you are probably the coolest person I know. I love that you are so adventurous and optimistic! Can't wait to see where New York takes you - no matter what I know you'll be happy and AWESOME!
#2 I am weeping with joy at the existence of a 2-story Target.
#3 Can I get a copy of the Taylor Swift CD? (haha)
LOVE YOU! Can't wait to see you soon!