James and I had our last visitors of the summer over the weekend. Matt and Cara drove down to visit!! They got married a week before we left for NM so this was really the first time for us to see them as a married couple. CRAZY! James and I have definitely missed our brothers and sisters and so it’s fun to see where Matt and Cara are as they start a new chapter of their life together :) We spent the weekend walking around town, spending time at the pool, and dining out eating delicious Santa Fe cuisine. Mmmmmmm…. Brochetas and margaritas :)
Marathon training update: “omigosh, seriously…what am I thinking???” and “yeah dude! I’m doing this and I’m ROCKING it!!!” are two thoughts that consistently run through my head several times while I run. I ran 15 miles yesterday, the farthest I’ve ever ran at one time. It went pretty well actually, aside from the fact that my ipod died from not being charged 3 miles in, an old lady with an ego and a man voice on a bike yelled at me, and a huge dog growled and scared the crap out of me. Needless to say, after all this and running for 3 hours, I was a little cranky and I may or may not have starting crying the minute I walked in to our house. 5 minutes and a few sobs later I was all good and was excited that I did it! Seriously, the people who run marathons and act like its no big thang are straight up lying to your face. This is one of the hardest challenges I’ll ever overcome but at the same time I’m pumped that I’m doing it. It will be one of my greatest accomplishments, but seriously, October 17th will you get here already so I can have my life back? Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment