Thursday, September 9, 2010

James and I are back home in Colorado!! We miss Santa Fe, but are definitely glad to be home... I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed grass!! LOL! The day before we moved home we both had a long run to do, so we decided it would be appropriate to run from the opera house back to our place! James had to run 6 miles, and I had to run 16… the most either of us has ever run! We woke up when it was still dark and drove up to the opera house. The sunrise was amazing! It was challenging but its so fun to run with James. We push and motivate each other and its so great to do it together. In high school, I ran track and cross-country and ran off and on through college so I guess I’ve always been somewhat of a runner. James on the other hand played football, but never anything which takes a lot of endurance. This is SO MUCH out of his comfort zone! I’m SO proud of him, cause this running thing is no joke and its HARD!! James has never (up until last week, we ran a 5k on Labor Day) ran in a race period and he’s training for a half marathon! That’s NUTS!! I’m so proud of my husband for doing something he thought he would never do in a million years, its so awesome :)

We are 5 ½ weeks away from our full and half marathons!!! (OMG Seriously!?!) Wish us luck and hope that the last bit of our training goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment