The following is my New York rant, enjoy.
For the record – for all of our friends and family who think California and Texas drivers are the worst, I can honestly tell you that they drive like your grandma compared to what I’m now used to… 100% fact, the worst drivers are in NYC! I think you may have to already have anger problems as a prerequisite before getting behind the wheel… and this is coming from a pedestrian! However, I can understand this anger towards pedestrians. People are a-holes on foot too. First, no one can wait on the curb, but have to stand out in the middle of the street giving drivers (THIS MUCH) space to drive through. Also, you can forget about them actually following the ‘walk’ and ‘don’t walk’ signs, they will cross when they want to and that is RIGHT NOW. I actually can spot the tourists because of this; they are the courteous ones who will wait for the signs to change on the curb, and always walk on the crosswalk.
Okay, not everyone is an a-hole, most are great, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
The other day I was in line, standing an average amount of space (or what I thought) back behind the person in front of me. All of the sudden I feel this woman right behind me, basically smelling my hair, who clearly has zero patience and has no concept of what a ‘bubble’ is. She sighs, shifts her weight back and forth, expressing that she is in a huge hurry then asks me if I’m “in line.” I slowly turn around, stare at her for a long moment, let her take in the 2 women in front of me being helped at the counter, and say an obvious “YES” as I continue to stare for another long moment giving her the ‘back the *%!# off’ look. (She quickly averted her eyes first, I win!)
That is my biggest quarrel with New Yorkers, they think they are so deserving and expect everything NOW. Stop being rude, treat people with respect, stop being to selfish. You’ll get what you need and you’ll get to where you need to go. Freaking RELAX!
They clearly have not spent any time in CO…
No comments:
Post a Comment