Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Painting in Taos!

Within the past few weeks I have visited my Dad’s cousin Ann a few times in Taos and have taken her painting class! Taos is about an hour or so outside of Santa Fe and I have been lucky enough to visit with her and see first hand just how talented she is. Ann’s house is so cute! It’s nestled among just a few other houses and she has the worlds most beautiful sunsets right outside her front door! I was a little nervous to take her class, I’ve never really painted before, not seriously at least! I’ve done Denver’s canvas and cocktails but you have a lot of instruction and everyone is painting the same thing from the same view.. so you can ask the person sitting next to you a question if you get stuck. Here, you’re on your own until Ann comes over and asks how your doing; which is GOOD though.. she lets you figure yourself out as an artist, which I like. My first painting is of a fruit still-life. Its only half done and I still need to add details, but I am so proud of it! My fruit actually LOOK like FRUIT!! :)

For my second painting we were able to go to one of my fellow classmates houses to paint. She lives in a BEAUTIFUL million-dollar house where she has amazing grounds and courtyards. My Aunt Kana and Aunt Donna were there visiting as well so it was SO GOOD to paint and visit with them. Aunt Donna and I focused on the same door, just with different views. I only wish I had my camera at the time to take a picture of her painting, she is SO talented!! I have learned so much about myself as an artist and I hope to continue to paint and get more experience.

1 comment:

  1. Your paintings are beautiful Lindsey!! I want one!!
    Love ya!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete